|Communications Assistant Intern||2014 Science & Policy Internships||Clinical Program for Law Students|
|Agricultural Outreach Coordinator, Lower Fox River Basin|
- updates Clean Wisconsin’s media contact lists
- tracks and maintains the organization’s media hits and social media stats
- assists with database management
- assists the media team in writing and editing press materials
- developing individual professional development projects that further the organization’s program work
- Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) proficiency
- A passion for the environment and PR
- Motivated and detail-oriented
- 8-10 free hours a week. In our office on W. Main Street, just 2 blocks east of the Kohl Center.
- This internship offers a semester stipend.
- Individuals interested in this internship position should send a resume, brief cover letter and 2-3 writing samples to Amanda Wegner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include "COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT INTERN" in the subject line.
Clean Wisconsin is working with the Alliance for the Great Lakes to support implementation of the adaptive management option to reduce phosphorus in the Lower Fox River Basin in northeastern Wisconsin. Because agricultural best management practices are a crucial part of adaptive management, we particularly aim to support outreach to the agricultural community about the benefits of runoff-reducing practices and encourage adoption of these practices.
To that end, we're contracting with an agricultural outreach coordinator in the Lower Fox to support clear and consistent outreach in the basin. Additional details about the position, as well as application requirements, are in the linked job description below.
- Electrical utility economics
- Environmental and public health impacts of coal power
- Local and municipal energy efficiency ordinances and policies
- Nutrient water pollution
- Policies to incentivize renewable energy
- Public health impacts of air pollution
- Regional and national climate change policies
- Statewide energy usage and efficiency
- Water usage and efficiency
- Water resource availability
- Website content and development